Dear AE2020 Participants,
Thank you for all the nice words and encouraging messages during these days. We have embarked upon this journey together with sincere hopes to experience new cultures, to learn and participate in an amazing week-long workshop. We were working hard to make it possible, but we always have and always will act for the sake of your safety and the quality of the experiences we bring.
The current situation is bigger than all of us. In recent weeks, our team has faced a major challenge in carrying out the arrangements in the coming weeks, healthy and safe execution being our main concern. In our plans of the execution of this year’s program, we persistently follow the instructions and actions of all competent authorities.
In these extremely challenging and unpredictable times, the role of positive thinking and good news is all the more important. Therefore, Atelier Abroad has decided that this years’ summer workshop AE2020 could not be carried out at original dates due to the situation in relation to the coronavirus epidemic, will be realized at a later date. Thus, the tour package which was supposed to be carried out at the time the epidemic is declared, will NOT BE CANCELED but POSTPONED to a different date (the workshop is subject to the same rates, duration of services as the original term, with only the date being changed). This decision, on the one hand, is the result of the state of emergency declared by our government, which represents an objective inability to travel. In addition, similar measures have been taken in almost all European countries, considering only in such a way can we limit the spread of coronavirus.
In the Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, no. 19/20 of 12 March 2020, with effect from 12 March 2020 at 18.00, the Decree on declaration of contagious disease SARS-Cov-2 (COVID-19) in the territory of the Republic of Slovenia was published. Measures to curb the spread of the COVID-19 virus, restrict public life and public gathering of people to the greatest extent possible throughout the territory of the Republic of Slovenia, which has drastic consequences in the field of economy, especially in the field of tourism.
Although we are optimistic about the future and believe that together we will be able to reach a state where travel will be possible again.
As a result of intensive coordination between representatives of the economy and the Ministry of Economic Development and Technology, on 28 April 2020 the National Assembly adopted the Act Amending the Act Determining the Intervention Measures to Contain the COVID-19 Epidemic and Mitigate its Consequences for Citizens and the Economy (ZIUZEOP-A). In Article 43, the said Act adds a new Article 101a with the title “securities”, which has the following content:
(1) If the package travel contract is not fulfilled due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances caused by the epidemic, the tour operator shall be deemed to have fulfilled its obligation to repay all payments referred to in Article 57 (6) and (8) and Article 57 (1). Article 2 of the Consumer Protection Act (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, No. 98/04 – official consolidated text, 114/06 – ZUE, 126/07, 86/09, 78/11, 38/14, 19/15, 55/17 – ZKolT and 31/18), if it issues a security to the consumer in the amount of all consumer payments.
(2) The security shall be issued to the bearer and shall be redeemable within 24 months from the issue. If the consumer does not redeem the issued security within 24 months of the issue, within 14 days of the expiration of this period, the tour operator may request the refund to be returned to the organizer within 14 days of receipt of the request.
(3) The issued security is subject to a guarantee for the refund of all payments made by the consumer or on his behalf, if individual travel services are not performed due to liquidity problems of the travel organizer.
(4) The issued security is guaranteed by the travel organizer with all his property.
(5) This provision is without prejudice to the consumer’s right to request a refund of all payments from the tour operator, despite the offer of the security, if the consumer does not agree with the offered security. The tour operator shall return all payments to the consumer within 12 months of the declaration of cessation of the epidemic.
(6) The measure referred to in this Article shall also apply to the refund of consumer payments made before the entry into force of this Act if the package travel contract was not fulfilled due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances referred to in the first paragraph of this Article.
With the desire to solve this situation that is difficult both for the participants and for the organizers as effectively as possible, in accordance with the new intervention legislation and the recommendations and instructions of the Government of the Republic of Slovenia, ZTAS, MZZRS, NIJZ, WHO and with the agreement of the Ministry of Economic Development and Technology, we decided to provide our contracting parties with a system of securities.
We believe that the thought and desire for travel and events is still present these days, and once all this is over, we will need to disconnect, relax and gain new experiences. Therefore, Atelier Abroad is during these challenging times happily and whole-heartedly focusing on the execution of next year’s workshop.
Stay safe and see you in 2021.
*For any questions regarding the situation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or see the frequently asked questions sheet HERE.